A. The board of supervisors hereby finds that there is a need for alternative methods of enforcement for violations of the Del Norte County Ordinance Code and that one appropriate method of enforcement for violations is an administrative citation program as authorized by Government Code Section 53069.4.
B. The procedures established in this chapter shall be in addition to criminal, civil or any other legal or equitable remedy established by law which may be pursued to address violations of the Del Norte County Ordinance Code.
C. The board of supervisors hereby finds and determines that enforcement of the Del Norte County Ordinance Code and other ordinances adopted by the county, are matters of local concern and serve important public purposes. Pursuant to Government Code Section 53069.4, the County of Del Norte adopts this administrative citation program in order to achieve the following goals:
(1) To protect the public health, safety and welfare of the residents of the County of Del Norte
(2) To gain compliance with the Del Norte County Ordinance Code and regulations adopted pursuant thereto in a timely and efficient manner
(3) To provide for an administrative process to appeal the imposition of administrative citations and fines
(4) To provide a method to hold parties responsible when they fail or refuse to comply with the provisions of the Del Norte County Ordinance Code
(5) To minimize the expense and delay where the alternative remedies are to pursue responsible parties in the costly and time-consuming civil or criminal justice system.
D. Use of this chapter for the enforcement of code provisions shall be at the sole discretion of the County of Del Norte, and its officers, agents and employees.
(Ord. 2005-05 § 2 (part), 2005)