Del Norte County Code
1 - General Provisions
60 - Administrative Citations
30 - Authority
A. Unless otherwise specified, every violation of the County Code is an infraction, which may be punished according to the fines contained in this section. A violation of this Code includes, but is not limited to, a violation of the Code, including any public nuisance, a violation of any of the Uniform Codes adopted by the Board of Supervisors, or failure to comply with any condition imposed by any entitlement, permit, license or environmental document issued or approved under the provisions of this Code.
B. Each and every day a violation of the Code exists constitutes a separate and distinct offense.
C. A civil fine shall be assessed by means of an administrative citation issued by the Enforcement Official and shall be payable directly to the department which issued the administrative citation.
D. The fines imposed under this chapter shall be the maximum allowed by Government Code §25132. If that section is amended in the future to increase the maximum allowable fines, those amounts shall supersede the fines listed in this chapter and shall be applicable within the County without requiring an amendment to this code.
E. Every violation of a county ordinance shall be punished by the following:
1. A fine not exceeding $100.00 for a first violation
2. A fine not exceeding $200.00 for a second violation of the same Code provision or permit or entitlement provision within one year from the date of the first violation 3. A fine not exceeding $500.00 for each additional violation of the same Code provision or permit or entitlement provision within one year from the date of the second violation.
F. Notwithstanding Paragraph E, each violation of a building or safety code shall be punishable by the following:
1. A fine not exceeding $130 dollars for the first violation.
2. A fine not exceeding seven hundred dollars ($700) for a second violation of the same ordinance within one year of the first violation.
3. A fine not exceeding one thousand three hundred dollars ($1,300) for each additional violation of the same ordinance within one year of the first violation.
4. A fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) for each additional violation of the same ordinance within two years of the first violation if the property is a commercial property that has an existing building at the time of the violation and the violation is due to failure by the owner to remove visible refuse or failure to prohibit unauthorized use of the property.