A. Application for a building or grading permit shall be made to the office of building inspectors on a form provided by said office and shall be accompanied by:
1. Proof of ownership and access
2. An Assessor\'s office plat map
3. A plot plan of sufficient detail to illustrate location, distance from property lines, proposed improvements, septic tank and leach field, grading, etc.
4. Two copies of building or grading plans and specifications (the building official may waive this requirement for small accessory structures)
5. Where applicable, soils analysis tests and/or soil reports.
B. Projects which require a coastal permit and are not appealable to the California Coastal Commission as set forth in Section 21.50.030 shall be reviewed as follows:
1. Upon receipt of a complete application, the department of planning and building shall review the application and, as soon as possible, circulate the application to the following listed departments for review and comment: assessor, fire department, public works department, and health department. Each department shall submit a recommendation for action to the department of planning and building.
C. Projects which require a coastal permit and are appealable to the California Coastal Commission shall be reviewed as follows:
1. Environmental Review Committee (See Title 16). The environmental review committee shall review an application at its next regular meeting after submission of the application packet to the department of planning and building. Review shall include:
a. A determination of completeness of the application and, where necessary, notification of any additional information required.
b. A recommendation for action on an environmental document pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act.
2. Planning Staff Report. Project applications shall be reviewed by the environmental review committee, scheduled for planning commission /harbor commission hearing and shall be accompanied by a report from the staff of the department of planning and building. The report shall include a description of the project, its location, any applicable regulations and/or policies, any responses to comments submitted regarding the project and a recommendation for findings and/or conditions, if any, including consistency with the zoning and/or general plan.
(Ord. 83-03 (part), 1983.)