A. Character of Authority. The Public Authority shall be a corporate public body, exercising public and essential governmental functions, that has all the powers necessary or convenient to carry out the delivery of IHSS in Del Norte County, and all powers and functions ascribed to a public authority for IHSS at Welfare and Institutions Code sections 12300 et. seq.
B. Public Authority Functions. The Public Authority shall carry out the following functions:
1. The provision of assistance to recipients in finding IHSS providers through the establishment of a registry pursuant to operational policies approved by its governing body.
2. Investigation of the qualifications and background of potential IHSS providers on registry.
3. Establishment of a referral system under which IHSS recipients are assisted in identifying and selecting providers.
4. Provide for training for providers and recipients or inform providers and recipients of other available training. However, the Public Authority is not obligated to provide training directly, to pay for training provided privately or in the community, to pay providers for the time spent training, or to pay for any materials required by the training. The Public Authority is not obligated to screen or be responsible for the content of any training it informs providers or recipients is available in the community. The Public Authority is not obligated to ensure that any provider or recipient attend or complete any training.
5. Performing other functions related to the delivery of IHSS as directed by the Board of Supervisors, or as required by governing law.
6. Ensuring that the requirements of the personal care option pursuant to Subchapter 19 (commencing with Section 1396) of Chapter 7 of Title 42 of the United States Code are met.
C. Eligibility Determination for IHSS Recipients. The Public Authority powers do not include responsibility for authorizing services for an IHSS recipient determining a recipient\'s need for IHSS the level and quality of services required and the eligibility of individuals to be served conducting the initial or any subsequent assessment of the need for services or terminating the recipient\'s participation in the IHSS program. The above referenced services and functions shall be the exclusive responsibility of the County of Del Norte.
(Ord. 2002-011 § 2 (part), 2003.)