Del Norte County Code
10 - Vehicles and Traffic
12 - Parking Enforcement
50 - Administrative Review
A. Initiating Administrative Review.
1. Timeliness. A request for administrative review must be made within twenty-one (21) days from the issuance of the notice of parking violation, or within fourteen (14) days from the mailing of the notice of delinquent parking violation exclusive of any days from the day the processing agency receives a request for a copy or facsimile of the original notice of parking violation and the day the processing agency complies with the request. Requests made outside of this timeline shall be denied.
2. Manner of Making Request. The request for administrative review may be made by written request, telephone, or in person to the revenue division.
3. No Charge. There shall not be a charge for this review.
B. Written Statement of Reasons. A contestant shall provide to the revenue division a written statement of the reasons for contesting the parking violation. The statement of reasons shall be made on a form provided by the revenue division.
C. Investigation. Upon receipt of a timely request for administrative review and the statement of reasons, the revenue division shall forward the request and statement to the issuing agency and the issuing agency staff will commence an investigation of the citation and the circumstances surrounding its issuance. The review shall consist of a determination of whether the citation contains all of the items required by California Vehicle Code Section 40202, and shall focus on the reasons for the request as specified by the contestant.
1. Cancellation of Citation. If, based on the results of the investigation, the issuing agency is satisfied that the citation was not in accordance with California Vehicle Code Section 40202, or, based on the contestant's statement of reasons, that the violation did not occur or the registered owner was not responsible for the violation, the issuing agency shall cancel the citation and shall specify in writing the reasons for canceling the citation.
2. Determination of Validity. If, based on the results of the investigation, the issuing agency is satisfied that the citation was in accordance with California Vehicle Section 40202, and that the reasons specified by the contestant do not exist, or do not affect the validity of the citation, the issuing agency shall specify those findings in writing together with the supporting reasons for making the findings.
D. Notification to Contestant. The issuing agency shall mail the results of the investigation to the contestant by first class mail and shall forward a copy of the results to the revenue division. Services of the results upon contestant shall be complete upon placement of the results in the United States mail, postage paid. A Hardship Waiver request form shall be sent to the contestant along with the notification.