Except as provided in this section, definitions contained in the Subdivision Map Act shall control:
A. "Advisory agency" as referred to in this title and in the Subdivision Map Act means the county planning commission.
B. "Appeals board" as referred to in this title and in the Subdivision
Map Act means the board of supervisors of the county.
C. "Environmental review committee (ERC)" means the committee which reviews and make recommendations to the advisory (lead) agency with regard to land divisions. The ERC shall be made up of the following members or their delegated representatives:
1. The county planner who shall act as chairman-secretary to the committee,
2. The county engineer,
3. The chief building inspector,
4. The county assessor,
5. The agricultural commissioner or the county farm advisor
6. A representative of local Native Americans,
7. The county sanitarian: and.
8. A member of the general public appointed by the board of supervisors and paid an amount equivalent to a planning commissioner.
The ERC shall meet at the time and place designated by either the chairman, the planning commission or the board of supervisors. A quorum is five voting members. The ERC shall make a determination of whether an application for land division is complete within thirty days of its initial receipt and shall advise the applicant of such. Subsequent to a determination of completeness an applicant may request that an application before ERC be forwarded to the planning commission at its next regular meeting without delay.
D. "Land division" means any division of land including major and minor subdivisions and lot line adjustments.
E. "Lead agency" as referred to in this title for the purpose of implementing the California Environmental Quality Act with regards to land divisions is the county planning commission.
F. "Major subdivision" means a subdivision of five or more parcels, five or more condominiums as defined in Section 783 of the Civil Code, or a community apartment project containing five or more parcels, except where:
1. The land before division contains less than five acres, each parcel created by the division abuts upon a maintained public street or highway and no dedications or improvements are required by the legislative body, or
2. Each parcel created by the division has a gross area of twenty acres or more and has an approved access to a maintained public street or highway or
3. The land consists of a parcel or parcels of land having approved access to a public street or highway which comprises part of a tract of land zoned for industrial or commercial development, and which has the approval of the governing body as to street alignments and widths, or
4. Each parcel created by the division has a gross area of not less than forty acres or is not less than a quarter of a quarter section.
A parcel map shall be required for those subdivisions described in subsections E1, E2, E3 and E4 of this section.
G. "Minor subdivision" means a subdivision of four or less parcels or where the subdivision meets the criteria established under subsections El, E2, E3 and E4 of this section.
H. "Nontitle information" means that information as defined and described as additional survey and map information in Section 66434.2, Article 2,,Chapter 2, Division 2, Title 7 of the California. Government Code (Subdivision Map Act) which is required to be filed or recorded simultaneously with a final or parcel map. Additional survey and map information may include, but not be limited to, building setback lines, flood hazard areas, seismic lines and setbacks, building sites, coastal information, resource areas, sewage disposal areas, geologic mapping, archeological sites, and noise attenuation areas.
H. "Subdivider" means a person, firm, corporation, partnership or association who proposes to divide, divides, or causes to be divided real property into a Subdivision for himself or others except that employees and consultants of such persons or entities, acting in such capacity, are not subdividers.
J. "Subdivision" means the division, by any subdivider, of any unit or units of improved or unimproved land, or any portion thereof, shown on the latest equalized county assessment roll as a unit or as contiguous units, for the purpose of sale, lease, financing or gift, whether immediate or future except for leases of agricultural land for agricultural purposes. Property shall be considered as contiguous units, even if it is separated by roads, streets, utility easements or railroad rights-of-way. Property shall not be considered as contiguous units if contact is a single point. "Subdivision" includes a condominium project as defined in Section 1350 of the Civil Code, or a community apartment project as defined in Section 11004 of the Business and Profession Code or the conversion of five or more existing dwelling units to a stock cooperative, as defined in Section 11003.2 of the Business and Professions Code. Any conveyance of land to a governmental agency, public entity or public utility shall not be considered a division of land for purposes of computing the number of parcels. As used in this subsection, "agricultural purposes" means the cultivation of food or fiber or the grazing or pasturing of livestock.
K. "Subdivision improvement standards" means standards of design criteria and construction of subdivision improvements as adopted by the board of supervisors by a resolution or ordinance.
L. "Subdivision Map Act"\' means the Subdivision Map Act of the state as contained in Division 2 (commencing with Section 66410) of Title 7 of the Government Code.
(Ord. 87-02 §§ 1, 2, 1987 Ord. 82-09 § 2 Exh. A(19-22), 1982 Ord. 79-19 (part), 1979.)