Del Norte County Code
20 - Zoning
67 - Commercial Cannabis Regulation
50 - Retail Regulations
Cannabis retailers shall meet the following minimum requirements:
A. The use permit shall specify whether the permittee may sell adult-use cannabis or medicinal cannabis, as those terms are used in Division 10 of the Business and Professions Code.
B. A use permit shall not be issued for a cannabis retailer which is located within a 600-foot radius of a school or youth center. This requirement shall not apply to applications for use permit renewals.
C. No retailer, whether adult-use or medicinal, shall be located within a 200-foot radius of any other cannabis retailer.
D. The distances specified in this section shall be the horizontal distance measured in a straight line from the property line of the school, youth centerto the closest property line of the lot on which the subject cannabis retailer is located.
E. The retailer shall operate only in accordance with the operating plans reviewed and approved by the County. The County shall limit the hours of operation for a retail facility to begin no earlier than eight a.m. and to end no later than eight p.m.
F. Retailers shall not distribute any cannabis or cannabis product unless the cannabis and cannabis products are labeled and in a tamper-evident package in compliance with Section 26120 of the California Business and Professions Code and any additional rules promulgated by the licensing authority.
G. Retailers shall notify the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and the licensing authority within twenty-four (24) hours after discovering any of the following:
1. Significant discrepancies identified during inventory;
2. Diversion, theft, loss, or any criminal activity involving the dispensary or any agent or employee of the retailer;
3. The loss or unauthorized alteration of records related to cannabis, patients, or retailer's employees or agents; or
4. Any other breach of security.
H. Retailers shall implement and maintain sufficient security measures to both deter and prevent unauthorized entrance into areas containing cannabis or cannabis products in compliance with Section 26070 of the California Business and Professions Code and any rules promulgated by the licensing authority. Security measures shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Prevent individuals from loitering on the premises of the retailer if they are not engaging in activity expressly related to the operations of the retailer;
2. Establish limited access areas accessible only to authorized dispensary personnel;
3. Store all cannabis and cannabis products in a secured and locked safe room, safe, or vault, and in a manner as to prevent diversion, theft, and loss, except for limited amounts of cannabis and cannabis products used for display purposes, samples or immediate sale;
4. Install security cameras on site.
(Ord. 2020-007 § 2 (part), 2020; Ord. 2018-010 § 2 (part) 2018.)