A. Public or quasipublic development which is part of a utility or service infrastructure (such as an electric substation or sewage pump station) or traditionally serves as a neighborhood or community center (such as an elementary school, church or community hall)
B. Public parking lots which serve public uses for which a use permit is not otherwise required (such as undeveloped recreation areas or access)
C. A temporary batch plant (such as asphalt or cement) in conjunction with a surface mining project permitted pursuant to this title and Chapter 7.36 of the Del Norte County Code, or, when the project site is not within any agricultural, timber or resource conservation area zone, where the plant is adjacent to the construction project which it serves. For the purposes of this section "temporary" shall be as established by a nonrenewable use permit
D. Signs, not over twenty square feet, advertising the sale of a subdivision
E. Signs not otherwise prohibited, and which are placed above the permitted height of buildings.
F. A temporary real estate sales office in conjunction with a recorded major subdivision permitted pursuant to this title, and Title 16 of Del Norte County Code, Subdivisions, and subject to the following requirements:
1. A building permit shall be obtained for the temporary unit/use and shall comply with the Uniform Building Code applicable at the time of permit application
2. Temporary real estate sales units may be a manufactured commercial coach or a permanent dwelling unit located within an approved building area within a recorded major subdivision. A notice of conditional approval shall be recorded for a temporary office
3. If the unit is a commercial coach, it may be served by temporary utility connections (sewage disposal, water), including a separate electrical service. The proponent shall submit with any commercial coach application a siding/landscaping plan as part of the use permit. If the office is incorporated into a permanent dwelling unit, the unit shall be connected to permanent utility connections. All temporary utilities shall be removed at the time the temporary unit is removed
4. Temporary real estate sales offices shall be approved by the Del Norte County Health Department prior to issuance of a building permit
5. Temporary real estate sales offices shall comply with Chapter 21.44 of Del Norte County Code, Parking. Parking areas may be a temporary all-weather surface within all areas including those designated as urban land use by the general plan
6. Temporary real estate sales offices shall comply with Title 18 of Del Norte County Code, Signs, and shall be considered compatible with the light commercial zone district
7. A temporary real estate sales office shall be removed within sixty days after the sale of seventy-five percent of the lots in the recorded subdivision where the sales office is located. This includes any temporary utilities and signs approved as part of the temporary use not typically allowed by Del Norte County Code (signs advertising the sale of real estate as defined by Title 18, Signs)
8. Use permits issued for temporary real estate sales offices shall be subject to annual review and renewal by the Del Norte County planning commission. The applicant is responsible for demonstrating the total percentage of lots sold at the time of a request for renewal of the use permit.
G. A second electrical meter for commercial purposes may be allowed on a legally established parcel in conjunction with a use permit for a home enterprise on the same parcel if all of the following requirements are met:
1. A specific need for a second electrical meter for commercial purposes has been demonstrated, such as a second meter which provides commercial service, is necessary to run specific work-related tools or machinery on the subject parcel as part of the home enterprise activity and
2. A recorded notice which states that the second electrical meter is for the permitted home enterprise only and must be removed prior to the sale or transfer of the subject parcel, is recorded on the subject parcel and
3. A valid building permit has been issued for the second electrical meter for commercial purposes on the subject parcel.
(Ord. 2000-002 §3(part), 2000 Ord. 97-23 (part), 1997 Ord. 83-03 (part))