1. On major highways, one-half the right-of-way width in commercial or industrial manufacturing areas, but in no case less than sixty feet in all other areas one-half the right-of-way plus twenty feet, but in no case less than seventy feet
2. On major county roads in commercial, industrial, or manufacturing areas, one-half the right-of-way width, but in no case less than forty feet
3. On major county roads in all other areas, one-half the right-of-way width, plus twenty feet, but in no case less than fifty feet
4. On all minor county roads and private roads in commercial, industrial, or manufacturing areas, one-half the right-of-way width but in no case less than thirty feet
5. On all other minor county roads and private roads, except private driveways, one-half the right-of-way width plus twenty feet, but in no case less than forty-five feet from the centerline of the road
6. When a right-of-way or access easement is not designated, the limit of the prescriptive use/easement shall be reasonably identified in the field and used as the lot line from which the setback shall be determined.
B. Cornices, eaves, canopies, balconies, galleries, and similar architectural features may extend into any required yard a distance not exceeding three feet.
C. Uncovered porches or stairways, fire escapes or loading docks may extend into any required front or rear yard a distance not exceeding six feet and into any required side yard a distance of not exceeding three feet.
D. In case a dwelling is to be located so that the front or rear thereof faces any side lot line such dwelling shall be located not less than ten feet from such lot line.
E. In the case of a corner lot adjacent to a key lot in any R district, the required side yard on the street side of the corner lot shall be equal to not less than one-half of the front yard required on the key lot.
F. In case an accessory building in any R district is attached to the main building it shall be made structurally a part thereof and shall comply in all respects with the requirements of Chapters 21.02 through 21.60 applicable to the main building.
G. A detached accessory building shall be located no less than five feet from any point or portion of the main building or another accessory building. Any building located closer than five feet from the main building shall be considered as an addition to the main building and therefore shall be deemed attached in some manner to the main building and be subject to code requirements applicable to a main building.
H. Where such is not specified, detached accessory buildings shall be located not less than five feet from any side lot line, alley, or rear lot line and shall not encroach on any known easement or right-of-way of record.
I. Any accessory building used for animal husbandry other than small livestock farming shall be located not less than twenty feet from any side or rear property line, not less than fifty feet from the front property line, not less than twenty feet from any dwelling unit.
J. Yards for the use of horses shall be fenced to keep animals not less than twenty feet from any dwelling.
K. Minimum side and rear yard requirements for a main building, where such are not specified, shall be five feet for side yards and ten feet for rear yards.
L. Nothing contained in the general provisions shall be deemed to reduce special yard requirements as set forth in the regulations for any R, RR, or A district.
M. The shorter street frontage of a corner lot shall be considered the front of the lot, except where the front of main entrance door to a one-family residence faces the longer street frontage in which case the longer street frontage shall be the front of the lot.
N. Any accessory building used for small livestock farming shall be subject to those regulations pertaining to accessory buildings in general, except that no such building shall be located closer than twenty feet from any dwelling.
O. Where a portion of a parcel is designated as an RCA2 zoning district, any yard or setback requirements within the non-RCA area shall be measured from the zoning district boundary line.
P. When a residence or an accessory building is proposed to be placed on a corner lot not adjacent to a key lot, in all R and FR zones, the street side setback shall be equal to one-half of the required front yard setback, but in no case less than ten feet.
(Ord. 95-17 §§7(1), (4), 10(1), 1995 Ord. 83-03 (part))